Thanks for your interest in republishing a story from the Kent State NewsLab. Since our work is created by aspiring journalists, we want to share it with as many people as possible.
Our work may be republished under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 license.
Please adhere to the following guidelines to republish our work:
• You must include our organization’s name and the byline(s) of the journalists, including on multimedia content. We prefer: By John Doe/Kent State NewsLab
• Give us a heads up — we like to follow our students’ work! Please email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org after you publish our story.
• Include the following citation at the end of the story:
This story was originally published by the Kent State NewsLab, a collaborative newsroom staffed by Kent State students.
Be sure to include the embedded link to our website.
• Publish the entire story, without any changes. Do not edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style.
- If you have space restrictions, contact us and we’ll try to work on an acceptable edit with you.
- We may ask for analytics/readership numbers for the stories you publish.
- Include all links within the story.
- You cannot sell our material or syndicate it.
- You can not republish our content wholesale or automatically. Select stories may be republished individually, with appropriate permission.
PHOTOS, MULTIMEDIA CONTENT
NewsLab photos can be republished, but must be run alongside the stories with which they originally appeared. Credit to NewsLab and the photographer must be given. Photos may not be altered in any way.
Audio, video and data visualizations can be embedded, but also must be run with the stories with which they originally appeared. Credit to NewsLab and the content creator must be given. Audio, video and data visualization files may not be edited or altered in any way.
Please contact email@example.com if you need us to provide embed codes or raw files for multimedia elements.
Subscribe here to receive emails when we publish new stories:
Questions? Please contact Rosalie Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.